2012 Tahoe Nav help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage221

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the site. I have a 2012 Tahoe LT with 142k on it and the OEM Nav/XM-radio/DVD setup. For the last few months Every once in a while it would say “can’t read map data” but if I hit the NAV button it would be fine. Friday it did the same thing, but got stuck on the screen and then after I parked it for a bit it now just cycles between the load screeen and the radio screen about every 28 seconds. The touch screen works fine but only for the time between cycles.

I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour with no luck and I can’t find anywhere on how to remove the Nav disk if there is on behind the screen or do a hard reset on the unit. Anyone else have this issue, and or a solution that doensn’t involve $$$ replacement? Thanks and Happy Father’s Day if that applies to you!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the menu system there is a option to eject the disc, the face folds up or down one or the other and you can see if maybe it's dirt or something, I only opened it once when I first got my 2012 then I yanked that junk out and out and put in a aftermarket unit.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google is your friend and several popped up including a youtube on how to remove the disc. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

savage221

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I googled it and found several videos the day it happened. I Can’t get it to hold the screen long enough to get it to eject. I was wondering if there was a way to force it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

savage221

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in the menu system there is a option to eject the disc, the face folds up or down one or the other and you can see if maybe it's dirt or something, I only opened it once when I first got my 2012 then I yanked that junk out and out and put in a aftermarket unit.

What did you replace it with and did you get a unit that I’ll work with the stock back up camera, Siri’s antenna and steering wheel controller. Sorry if this is a silly question. I’m not a car stereo guy. Thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the site. I have a 2012 Tahoe LT with 142k on it and the OEM Nav/XM-radio/DVD setup. For the last few months Every once in a while it would say “can’t read map data” but if I hit the NAV button it would be fine. Friday it did the same thing, but got stuck on the screen and then after I parked it for a bit it now just cycles between the load screeen and the radio screen about every 28 seconds. The touch screen works fine but only for the time between cycles.

I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour with no luck and I can’t find anywhere on how to remove the Nav disk if there is on behind the screen or do a hard reset on the unit. Anyone else have this issue, and or a solution that doensn’t involve $$$ replacement? Thanks and Happy Father’s Day if that applies to you!!

If your disc is on the fritz you can buy a new one for $10 off ebay. PN# 23286273 is the latest and last part number. Wes has better taste than me, I'm fine with the original.

You did this?:

OP
OP
S

savage221

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My screen layout look a lot different than that 07 version. Same deck but the layout on the screen isn’t the same. I tried to get to the menus screen but when I did the change map data bar isn’t lit up and when I touch it nothing happens. Is there a way to force it open? I remember on cd rom drives on older desk top pc units there was a little hole to put a tooth pick in and it would open the drive manually. Looking for something like that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you replace it with and did you get a unit that I’ll work with the stock back up camera, Siri’s antenna and steering wheel controller. Sorry if this is a silly question. I’m not a car stereo guy. Thanks.
Pioneer Nex 8200 and yes there are adapters to keep all stock functions, I used different adapters but the idatalink maestro is better, your factory unit will open to get the disc out there is no pin hole button, just have to go thru the menu or Google it

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No disk on 2012. It's hard drive

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that is the case(hard drive)maybe this should be posted in the 07-14 section as us 2015+ owners aren't having much luck giving advice on this one. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz