2012 Tahoe, best mods???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there was a bill passed on how they couldn't void your warranty because of mods ask modded he would know

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As per The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, a manufacturer can only deny warranty work on covered parts/labor if they can conclusively show/prove direct causality between an aftermarket modification and the failed component.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be on drugs to think this. They would never pass a bill on that.

As per The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, a manufacturer can only deny warranty work on covered parts/labor if they can conclusively show/prove direct causality between an aftermarket modification and the failed component.
Guess 2011tahoe will be eating those words.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I sure am! That is good to know, sorry regency, that just sounded to weird. :Handshake:

TahoeTX

Reaction score
I just picked up my 12 Tahoe, I'm new to the SUV game it is a family purchase I've always had diesels or sports cars, but I'm wanting the best out of my Tahoe and was wondering what CAI is the best choice and I like the Gibson side swept exhaust but haven't heard any examples, any one running this exhaust or other opinions. I'm probably going with a 24 in the future and like the side exit look also guys running a 24 what size tire are you running and any issues with rubbing, a 24 is pushing it in my neighborhood (hilly). Thanks

Check out the Black Bear section of the forum for their CAI dyno tests. The best performance and bang for your buck is with the Airaid Modular Intake Tube and either their replacement filter or a K&N. Overall though the gain is only about 10HP and I'm sure that's with their custom tune.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to be careful with these newer vehicles though. They can tattle on you. We had a duramax HD pickup come in and the allison tranny diagnostics showed the peak torque it had seen was something like 800ft.lbs. so the owner obviously had it tuned before.
We wouldn't deny warranty but other "mod unfriendly" dealers might if you are throwing a lot more power through the components than they were warrantied for. And the manufactures are requiring more diagnostic reports to be sent in to them on warranty claims.

Usually you'll be ok with bolt-on performance stuff. But if you throw a big cam in it and come in with a bent pushrod don't be surprised if they deny it!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do not do shorty headers on these LS engines. Longtubes all the way.

2010_5thgen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a sound clip of the gmpp exhaust? I found one fairly cheap and I am considering getting it, but I want to know how it sounds. What's the general feeling about it? Does it sound good? I don't want any drone. I already have it pretty bad with my camaro

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GMPP uses Corsa or Borla just rebranded... If its either of those, it will sound badass and have 0 drone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401