2011 ssv rear hatch won't open.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trc54

Reaction score
As the title says my rear hatch will not open. I unlock the truck and go to open the rear but nothing happens. I've read that it is possibly the actuator and it is not worth replacing as they always fail. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The window or the entire lift gate? Do you have a button on the remote or a push button on the gate for either?

OP
OP
Trc54

Trc54

Reaction score
The window or the entire lift gate? Do you have a button on the remote or a push button on the gate for either?

The entire lift gate, my rear window will pop open but the handle for the entire rear hatch does not work. The button does not engage to open the hatch.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I learned something new today..... ( see attached)
but at any rate when you press the pressure handle to open the gate do you hear a hum sound or clicking?

LIFTG.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not.
do you have access to a tech2 scanner? that can help troubleshoot a lot of causes and narrow down the problem
I take it you have tried the switch up front (roof console) and made sure it is not in the locked position?

OP
OP
Trc54

Trc54

Reaction score
do you have access to a tech2 scanner? that can help troubleshoot a lot of causes and narrow down the problem
I take it you have tried the switch up front (roof console) and made sure it is not in the locked position?
I do not believe I have an interior button as I do not have power lift hatch.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do as wes said and drill the hole.

If your window pops then rear hatch is getting power so that isolates problem to actuator or outside switch.

Rubber on switch feel ok? They get janky and dirt and water gets in.
Good luck

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious now. The key fob doesn’t have a button for the lift gate? It unlocks with the others so it wouldn’t need its own button for that how about the glass? Button on remote? I’m with Wes too if all this is a no

OP
OP
Trc54

Trc54

Reaction score
My key fob has a press and hold button to open the rear glass. When I grab the handle and press the rear button there is no noise like their usually is. As far as I can see inside there is no hatch open button as I have always had to manually lift the gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne