2011 Chevy Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing at that speed, and it definitely was the dod/afm engaging. I started using manual shift mode pretty quickly after that to inhibit the mode.

I bought a Range device soon after. Then learned about the ability to switch it off with a tune.
So the vibration goes away I need more information on this dod/afm

OP
OP
J

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
At low speeds and constant throttle setting, DOD is a lot more pronounced, which is a possibility. It can become more pronounced if the mot mount(s) need replacing. Failed motor mounts, especially the driver’s side one, are a common issue with these trucks.

Verify you’re not just experiencing DOD, at low speeds.
I had a motor mount replaced (driver side)

OP
OP
J

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing at that speed, and it definitely was the dod/afm engaging. I started using manual shift mode pretty quickly after that to inhibit the mode.

I bought a Range device soon after. Then learned about the ability to switch it off with a tune.
I changed driver side motor mount

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
At low speeds and constant throttle setting, DOD is a lot more pronounced, which is a possibility. It can become more pronounced if the mot mount(s) need replacing. Failed motor mounts, especially the driver’s side one, are a common issue with these trucks.

Verify you’re not just experiencing DOD, at low speeds.
What is DOD?

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
'Displacement on Demand'. Under light engine loads and under certain speeds, the engine goes into 4-cylinder mode. It can sometimes come across as a miss or vibration, depending on your sensitivity.
I get a vibration at 40 mph. It feels like a tire is out of balance bad.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I went with the solid mounts with poly bushings from Atomic Fab.

replacing those stupid OEM motor mounts every few years would be annoying

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this and it just occurred to me-at low speed, I noticed a vibration too and thought it was the trans being fussy in the wrong gear going slow. In hindsight, since getting new mounts put in, I do not hear/feel that anymore....I swear, this site is sometimes like church cuz now I see the light!!!!!!!!! :)

OP
OP
J

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
I have been reading this and it just occurred to me-at low speed, I noticed a vibration too and thought it was the trans being fussy in the wrong gear going slow. In hindsight, since getting new mounts put in, I do not hear/feel that anymore....I swear, this site is sometimes like church cuz now I see the light!!!!!!!!! :)
I'm getting a grinding/vibration in the rear. What causes this. It comes and goes.