2009 Tahoe push bar/bumper guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winmag45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I’ve decided to keep my 09 Tahoe and dropped it at the body shop for new paint.The folks here on the forum have been great in helping make that decision.
I want to do a front bumper guard or push bar but it seems the ones I’ve liked or found here on the forum threads are no longer made for 09’s.Since I mounted a light bar behind my grill I am looking for something that doesn’t go above the bumper or block the lower grill.
As always,many thanks for your input.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you interested in a new off-road style bumper or just a bull bar? Chassis Unlimited is putting a Tahoe/ Suburban/ Avalanche specific model into production for us, and we're currently taking pre-orders at baselineoverland.com There is also an option to add a Bull Bar/Stinger/Brush Guard style bar to this particular bumper if you need that. I think Rough Country and others may have a Silverado Bull bar that might work. I think they bolt in place of your tow hooks.
Chassis Unlimited Octane GMC Yukon Winch Bumper 2007 2014_1780 Baseline Overland Roof Rack 5.jpg

OP
OP
W

winmag45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is a nice set up.Not sure I wanted to go that off road.I may try to do the bull bar and see if it can be modified a little so it doesn’t go higher then the bumper.I saw a Vanguard that I liked but of course it’s not made for an 09 anymore.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Are you interested in a new off-road style bumper or just a bull bar? Chassis Unlimited is putting a Tahoe/ Suburban/ Avalanche specific model into production for us, and we're currently taking pre-orders at baselineoverland.com There is also an option to add a Bull Bar/Stinger/Brush Guard style bar to this particular bumper if you need that. I think Rough Country and others may have a Silverado Bull bar that might work. I think they bolt in place of your tow hooks.
View attachment 369986

I might be interested in that in a few months.
I keep tearing up the bumper cover on my tahoe.

On the site, i see two color options.
bare steel, and powder coat.

but the same price for both??! :)

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I’ve decided to keep my 09 Tahoe and dropped it at the body shop for new paint.The folks here on the forum have been great in helping make that decision.
I want to do a front bumper guard or push bar but it seems the ones I’ve liked or found here on the forum threads are no longer made for 09’s.Since I mounted a light bar behind my grill I am looking for something that doesn’t go above the bumper or block the lower grill.
As always,many thanks for your input.
I too have decided to keep my 2011 Tahoe and would be interested in the same type of bull bar your are looking for in black. Please keep me posted if you find something out there

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in that in a few months.
I keep tearing up the bumper cover on my tahoe.

On the site, i see two color options.
bare steel, and powder coat.

but the same price for both??! :)
yah. I know. I don't think they like selling them as raw steel. Probably too many people do cheap paint and then they look bad and tarnishes the image.

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get em at baseline overland. You won't regret it... they are the best looking/functional high clearance front and rears out there IMO. I use this truck exclusively for off-roading and towing our overland camping trailer or utility trailer and can attest to the durability and functionality. Insta @j.c.s.a for more photos.

1000006448.jpg1000006403.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Winch options?

Having a winch on my jeep has been so convenient, just dealing with shit on my little piece of worthless desert it has been awesome.

Add that i stand a better chance of not being stranded out in the middle of nowhere makes it even more enticing.

I thought about adding a front reciever hitch, then get a cradle mounted winch, but then i need to haul that shit around in the back of the tahoe... lol

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Also, I see lots of bumper options for the trucks, i assume trucks have a slightly different front end vs the tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505