2009 GMC Yukon SLT Electrical Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDAWSON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a "2009 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L V8 Flex Fuel". I bought the truck in June 2012 from a dealership in Rochester NY and now I live in Orlando FL. I have been having several electrical issues with my truck. When I stop and turn the truck off my truck is dead and I have to jump it to get it going. I have been to a local dealership here in Orlando FL. I have had the battery bench tested in and off the truck, alternator bench tested in and off the truck and both are tested and are clean. Battery and Alternator were both replaced by a mechanic. Grounds and positive connections were checked and are clean. I Have contacted GMC directly, and quite frankly GMC WAS VERY VERY RUDE. I even contacted the dealership wee I bought it and even contacted the salesmen that sold me the truck. I have done my research on my truck and there are several recalls on my truck, but the problem is my truck was manufactured in another state and was not part of the recall list based upon my VIN NUMBER. I feel that if I own a GMC YUKON and there is a recall then HELL I should have that recall done for truck. I am tired of jumping it every time this happens, my truck is my families source of transportation. I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED. I am ready to dismantle my truck and send it back in 10,000 little boxes. I paid close to $40,000 in cash for my truck. How can trust my family safety in my truck if it only wants to work half the time. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 yukon that would go dead for no reason. basicaly there is some electrical component that does not shut off when it's supposed to and kils the battery. the dealer replaced my battery 4 times and tells me every time the battery was bad ? i call BS. since the last time they said it was the battery was a 2 yrs now on same bad battery, and gm would not return any calls or emails regarding extending the warranty.

so basically this is my last gm i will ever buy.

OP
OP
C

CDAWSON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please help!!!!

I have a "2009 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L V8 Flex Fuel". I bought the truck in June 2012 from a dealership in Rochester NY and now I live in Orlando FL. I have been having several electrical issues with my truck. When I stop and turn the truck off my truck is dead and I have to jump it to get it going. I have been to a local dealership here in Orlando FL. I have had the battery bench tested in and off the truck, alternator bench tested in and off the truck and both are tested and are clean. Battery and Alternator were both replaced by a mechanic. Grounds and positive connections were checked and are clean. I Have contacted GMC directly, and quite frankly GMC WAS VERY VERY RUDE. I even contacted the dealership wee I bought it and even contacted the salesmen that sold me the truck. I have done my research on my truck and there are several recalls on my truck, but the problem is my truck was manufactured in another state and was not part of the recall list based upon my VIN NUMBER. I feel that if I own a GMC YUKON and there is a recall then HELL I should have that recall done for truck. I am tired of jumping it every time this happens, my truck is my families source of transportation. I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED. I am ready to dismantle my truck and send it back in 10,000 little boxes. I paid close to $40,000 in cash for my truck. How can trust my family safety in my truck if it only wants to work half the time. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!

:flame:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to make another thread. (I merged them)

Do you have a volt meter? When it won't start what's the voltage on the battery?

When you jump your truck, does it restart right away? Like if you jump it and let it run for 1 minute, turn it off and will will start right back up?

There are a few people who have had to replace the wires going to the battery because of electrical issues.

RoRo

Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my 08. Rear blower motor kept running draining the battery. It is part of the a/c system that keeps mildew from setting/building in the rear ducts, according to the service tech at the dealer. My only option was to pay to have it reprogrammed to turn that option off, $100. But ever since then no more dead batterys.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CDAWSON,

I understand that you are feeling frustrated with your current vehicle situation. I cannot guarantee any cost assist but I would be happy to look into this issue for you. Please private message me including your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

dwhitlock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2009 Yukon SLT Electrical Problems

I have a 2009 GMC Yukon SLT that has been having the same problems as numerous other people who have posted here. Electrical gauges go dead while driving, air goes off/on, door locks don't work, I get error messages "service air bag" and "service 4x4" and "service tire monitor system" and "park assist is off". If it is wet or cold out side (I live in North Florida so cold is 35-45) it won't start until I disconnect the positive battery cable for a a couple minutes.

I've had this at the mechanics for over 2 weeks and they cannot figure out what is wrong, only that there is a communication issue. All my grounds have been cleaned as well.

This has been a very disappointing experience with GMC as I love the truck but wouldn't recommend buying one until this issue is fixed.

I have searched all over the internet and still haven't heard of anyone actually solving this problems.

Any advice from someone who was successful in fixing this or from a GMC representative would be greatly appreciated.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the rear screen comming on and off all night long. I put a switch on the signal wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite