2005 GMC Yukon Denali speedometer not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddlr23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Iam working on 2005 gmc yukon denali speedometer not working ...replace vss sensor on rear transfer case
replaced pigtail connector ... checked continuity between sensor and and pcm replaced pcm also ordered a replacement cluster still have no luck
my next thing would be abs module ... cleaned grounds to abs module.. i can see speed sensor reading ... i cant see engine speed . at a loss at this moment any help would be appreciated in advance

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the stepper motor on the speedometer itself???...might it just be that your instrument cluster needs repair?...

Good luck,

Bill

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These clusters are prone to failure at some point. Mine lost speedo & tach and then would occasionally lose everything. I just bought a replacement and haven’t had any issues since. This may be a good time to go with a custom one.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Eastland78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These clusters are prone to failure at some point. Mine lost speedo & tach and then would occasionally lose everything. I just bought a replacement and haven’t had any issues since. This may be a good time to go with a custom one.
Thanks for your reply. I lost all functions on my cluster. Can you please give me information on where to purchase a new one? Or possibly getting mines repaired.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I lost all functions on my cluster. Can you please give me information on where to purchase a new one? Or possibly getting mines repaired.
Check out ebay. Lots of guys will repair yours, or you can send your old one in as a core. They'll even program your odometer and mileage to your existing mileage.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your budget, I used Digital Dash Solutions at https://www.fixmygauges.com/

They are refurbished OEM gauge clusters that you can customize, and if you send them your broken one they give you a lifetime warranty on the new one.

Your next best bet would be eBay or a local junk yard: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...l1313&_nkw=2005+denali+gauge+cluster&_sacat=0

Eastland78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate the information provided. I'll get something together. Really want to keep original with correct mileage. Thanks fellas.
Thinking about the mileage it might be off. With it not currently functioning. SMH.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the information provided. I'll get something together. Really want to keep original with correct mileage. Thanks fellas.
Thinking about the mileage it might be off. With it not currently functioning. SMH.
The odometer may continue to count mileage even if the cluster doesn't light up. Digital Dash Solutions, and other I'm sure, will program your mileage into the new cluster. They also offer OEM style if that's what you prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar