2005 Crown Victoria P71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you might know I had an 04 Escalade for awhile and got rid of it last February due to some rust/rot issues and some other issues, I ended up trading it for an 05 Crown Victoria P71 he threw some cash on top. I have always liked the Crown Vics just was hard to find a clean one so when I came across this one I jumped on it, the underneath is spotless along with the wheel wells there’s a lil rust starting on the rockers but that’s common I’ll have that fixed. In terms of the Vic is an 05 powered by the 4.6 and has 3.55 gears in the rear, was owned by a local PD. Here’s a pic of the Escalade and the Vic together from when we met up to look the cars over and agreed to the deal.

2aa0df71875321ed042df1785b43c0e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics from the first day I started driving it I immediately knew the SAP chrome grille had to go

df5e6af2788501bcaa54c428654f20e9.jpg
b33e9739412beae9852af12e11372cd3.jpg

I came across someone selling one of the P71 mesh grilles on FB Marketplace so went and snagged it and threw it on

9af64c0192a8fbc35dfa385d3c898548.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next thing I needed to address was the driver seat it was worn so I got a clean driver seat and matching rear seat from the same person I got the grille from it had a vinyl rear seat before which I wasn’t a fan of

ec0194c3ab934d7bbae9a6d1d72bbd51.jpg
0687a5c42000e7c6454dd30fb91d5e79.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Let me be the 1st to say--ABOUT TIME :D
I'm not a ford guy, but I do like the Marauder, which is based on the P71. All comes down to sleepers with me. Any plans on any drivetrain mods? I saw one once that was lowered. Looked good but rode like shit. Guy put some turn downs, just after the rearend. Sounded good.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me be the 1st to say--ABOUT TIME :D
I'm not a ford guy, but I do like the Marauder, which is based on the P71. All comes down to sleepers with me. Any plans on any drivetrain mods? I saw one once that was lowered. Looked good but rode like shit. Guy put some turn downs, just after the rearend. Sounded good.
lol I should have done this months ago got a lot to post, I love the Marauder and the LX Sports, in terms of drivetrain other then the exhaust and getting a tune I’ll probably leave it stock for the time being, I kinda like it how it is, it isn’t crazy fast but it isn’t slow it’s kinda in the middle it I’m happy with it for now, and lowered would be cool if done right I wouldn’t be against lowering it I’ve been looking at coil overs

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
lol I should have done this months ago got a lot to post, I love the Marauder and the LX Sports, in terms of drivetrain other then the exhaust and getting a tune I’ll probably leave it stock for the time being, I kinda like it how it is, it isn’t crazy fast but it isn’t slow it’s kinda in the middle it I’m happy with it for now, and lowered would be cool if done right I wouldn’t be against lowering it I’ve been looking at coil overs

The LX's have the floor shifters? I've only ever seen a few of those before.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that’s the one, locally I’ve only seen a few, one of the people I get Crown Vic parts from actually has one it’s black it’s pretty nice has some newer Mustang wheels on it

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you might know I had an 04 Escalade for awhile and got rid of it last February due to some rust/rot issues and some other issues, I ended up trading it for an 05 Crown Victoria P71 he threw some cash on top. I have always liked the Crown Vics just was hard to find a clean one so when I came across this one I jumped on it, the underneath is spotless along with the wheel wells there’s a lil rust starting on the rockers but that’s common I’ll have that fixed. In terms of the Vic is an 05 powered by the 4.6 and has 3.55 gears in the rear, was owned by a local PD. Here’s a pic of the Escalade and the Vic together from when we met up to look the cars over and agreed to the deal.

2aa0df71875321ed042df1785b43c0e9.jpg

Very nice Vic Brett!

Mine was 05 LX with the column shifter. The antenna on the side of the 05 [and very windows] moved traffic over every time out on the highway. I ended up selling mine to a hard working 18 year old who loved it. Had 280K miles on it.

Now that Broward County and the FHP are using a sprinkling of white unmarked Tahoe's with dark windows my Tahoe is starting to move traffic over.

Some agencies in down in my neck of the woods went from Vic's to Tahoe's. South Florida still has quite a few Vic's still in service. The Panthers were the only good Fords they ever made IMHO.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Oh.....I've heard that the P71's have--either stab proof or bullet proof plates behind both front seats to protect against any rogue rear seat combatants. These plates are inside the upholstery. Are you replacement seats from a P71 also? You could probably unzip the upholstery on the driver seat and look around in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC