2004 Tahoe Parasitic Battery Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the deal. Your amp is under the center console. Earlier models put it behind the glove box and it sucked. If you have the bose system, that amp is killing you. I know, been there. Only work around is get rid of stock radio and stock amp and replace. Yo will need a 5 channel amp. Your front doors are wired with your tweeters, so its the 4 doors for 4 channels, sub woofer for #5. This is a sucky job, but a few tips to make it less painful. The are 100 different schematics for your vehicle. Use a D battery for the pop test to figure out which wires are powering which speakers. I did this through Crutchfield because it was easier with their tech support. That Bose amp is notorious for this an congrats, not many people know how to do that test.

jfoj

Reaction score
Onstar is a problem if you have it. Pull the entertainment fuse and see what happens.

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77