Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xcaliber1028

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the rear HVAC or Radio control panel backlit?
The one in the back of the center console on the floor of 2003-2006 tahoe, suburban, silverado, and avalanche.
I took mine apart, it has bulbs, they are not burnt out (i confirmed by measuring continuity across the bulbs). But they do not light up. However the bulb bases look slightly melted as if they did work in the past.

Can anyone confirm that their backlighting is working? Maybe post a picture? It would be greatly appreciated.
New to the forum btw, joined because I can't find information on this anywhere.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Is the rear HVAC or Radio control panel backlit?
The one in the back of the center console on the floor of 2003-2006 tahoe, suburban, silverado, and avalanche.
I took mine apart, it has bulbs, they are not burnt out (i confirmed by measuring continuity across the bulbs). But they do not light up. However the bulb bases look slightly melted as if they did work in the past.

Can anyone confirm that their backlighting is working? Maybe post a picture? It would be greatly appreciated.
New to the forum btw, joined because I can't find information on this anywhere.

Just checked and mine are not lit up. Never thought about this, really, as I don't sit in the back.

I'm curious now, too.

OP
OP
X

Xcaliber1028

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the answer is yes. After cleaning all the contacts on the plug, I got the lights working again. Here is a photo incase anyone is interested.

IMG_6808.jpg