2002 Tahoe Double DIN Radio Install - 03 Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasqid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Fellas,
I've been lurking around this forum and read up on some mods that folks did in 2008-09 from putting a 2DIN radio in their 1.5 DIN 2002 Tahoe.

I read that the most easiest way to make this work was to get the radio cage and dash bezel from an 03-07 model tahoe-suburban-yukon and it would be easier to work.

Well, I found a dash bezel and radio cage from an 03 suburban that I purchased at my local junk yard. I got the dash bezel today anyway. I didnt have the tools to take out the radio / cliamte control cage. I am going back tomorrow morning to get the cage out.

The climate control cluster is missing from this wreck, but I was wondering if I found the climate controls from a 03-07 that would fit exactly into the cage, does the wire harness from the 02-03 cliamte controls match?

I have all the wiring components for the radio (AFAIK)... so my concern would be getting the newer CC's to match to bezel/cage.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 was a complete changeover year, so it will not work. You will have to use your existing one, even though I know it will not be an exact perfect fit.