2002 ls 4.8 tranny slipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im noticing some very random hesitations changing gears and slipping when starting off at a light right now this happens very few and far between
what are some things to do to prevent this from turning into a serious issue
tranny flush , low tranny fluid maybe with out double checking im assuming there is a way to check tranny fluid and add more this is the first gm ive owned in years im assuming its not like my mothers corvette wich was impossible to get to since it had a transaxle under the gas tank

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
You can check the fluid from under the hood. The dip stick is by the firewall on the passenger side and usually has a red handle.

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fluid was a thouch low but i still notice the hesitation once and awhile once and awhile ill be sittin at a light and ill get a nice little slip then jerk into first geer should i have it flushed also what do you guys think about shift kits i usually put them on 4x4s ive owned i always found myself climbing alot off hills and they tend to save your clutch packs

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience on flushing after you have a problem just leads to tranny replacement faster. Which I think you realize you are going to have to do pretty soon anyway. When you flush you wash out all of the worn out clutch materials that are keeping your tranny moving now. Only thing I could tell you to do to prolong the inevitable is to up the pressure. Corvette servo would be what I would do with a tune that gives you less slip (firmer shifts). Start saving for a rebuild though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts