2001 8.1L Suburban Full straight pipe.

Discussion in 'Performance' started by jlj1267, Nov 29, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. jlj1267

jlj1267 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Landon
    I’ve reached a stopping point in the exhaust work, and I’m waiting on parts to come in, so I figured I would do a write up on my exhaust so far. This is my 2001 Suburban 2500 8.1L with 3” cat delete pipes, factory-style 1500HD y-pipe, and just a turndown first now. After resonator comes in, I’ll add it to cut down on any nasty straight-piped stock big block clatter and blatt, and the 3-1/2” tailpipe should definitely help mellow out the raspiness. Also feel free to check out the video on YouTube.

:head3:
    https://youtu.be/pUKUF_hCwD8

2. MrBalll

MrBalll Full Access Member

Name:
    Jason
    Sounds really good.
    If I ever get down there to visit my grandfather I'll keep an eye, and ear, out for your truck.

3. Dan Acosta

Dan Acosta Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan
    I commented on Youtube.. but Ill ask here as well: I have an 03 6.0 2500 YXL, I was thinking of "reverting" to a single 1500 Y-Pipe since there are so few options for the crazy dual pipe setup on the 2500s. Do you have an update? I dont want something super loud, just a performance increase - maybe cat removal. Were you
    going to run pipes out to the stock location? and wondering if the leaf springs interfered with the pipes. thx