1998 yukon Mystery p0300 and rough idle still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant to add, if you’re getting vacuum at that valve when the temperature dial is not on Max, then that valve will be closed and you’ll have no heat. Problem is either the solenoid or your a/c panel in that case.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant to add, if you’re getting vacuum at that valve when the temperature dial is not on Max, then that valve will be closed and you’ll have no heat. Problem is either the solenoid or your a/c panel in that case
I will add that to the list…Thank you sir! I swear, this truck.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant to add, if you’re getting vacuum at that valve when the temperature dial is not on Max, then that valve will be closed and you’ll have no heat. Problem is either the solenoid or your a/c panel in that case.
After a couple hours and completely snapping a vacuum line that was so brittle, I’m ready to take the intake out. Although, it’s not budging. I have everything out, bolts, valve covers, alternator bracket and AC compressor bracket, can’t get this thing to even move a bit.

Edit: Woo! I got the damned thing out. Here’s what it looks like, sure is some cloudy fluid down there…I don’t know much about what is supposed to go down there, but that looks kinda coolant mixing with oil slightly? I’m sure someone here will tell me what exactly happens. Here’s the condition of what it looks like:

Attachments

• 5CDD0E64-F5A5-4F84-8EB4-49863A5A6A2E.jpeg
    5CDD0E64-F5A5-4F84-8EB4-49863A5A6A2E.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a couple hours and completely snapping a vacuum line that was so brittle, I’m ready to take the intake out. Although, it’s not budging. I have everything out, bolts, valve covers, alternator bracket and AC compressor bracket, can’t get this thing to even move a bit.

Edit: Woo! I got the damned thing out. Here’s what it looks like, sure is some closely fluid down there…I don’t know much about what is supposed to go down there, but that looks kinda coolant mixing with oil slightly? I’m sure someone here will tell me what exactly happens. Here’s the condition of what it looks like:
How does the mating surface on the Lower Intake look around the coolant ports? Mine were Very pitted!

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the mating surface on the Lower Intake look around the coolant ports? Mine were Very pitted!
Very dirty so far, gotta clean everything with a plastic blade and see the over all condition. Got some new Fel Pro gaskets and some BLACK RTV to seal everything nice and tight. I don’t know if this will fix my issue, but looking at the coolant ports, looks like they were gonna go soon anyway.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasket remnants at 1 and 2 ports look pretty bad, did they break apart when you pulled the intake? It looks like the gasket has collapsed into the #2 port so the gasket job was probably overdue.

Those look like the old style gaskets without the metal reinforcing plate in the center.

That center tray in the lifter valley can be removed for cleaning underneath. Just don’t forget to put it back, lol. I did that once and had everything back together before I spotted it sitting there on the workbench.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasket remnants at 1 and 2 ports look pretty bad, did they break apart when you pulled the intake? It looks like the gasket has collapsed into the #2 port so the gasket job was probably overdue.

Those look like the old style gaskets without the metal reinforcing plate in the center.

That center tray in the lifter valley can be removed for cleaning underneath. Just don’t forget to put it back, lol. I did that once and had everything back together before I spotted it sitting there on I
I was honestly expecting worse condition, but, not sure if it’s gonna fix anything. I can pray it does when I get everything back together. At least it’s preventive maintenance! I snapped a vacuum line that goes to the PCV valve area, it’s the one that goes across the intake and into the firewall. I’ll need to try and find one somehow.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM part number below, likely discontinued since you’re looking for it.

Junkyard is probably the best bet. They weren’t supplied on pickups, just the SUVs. A vacuum hose kept off of any hot surfaces should be ok as well.

F2FC9E25-8D8A-48B9-A573-DACE3F87076B.png
A55EFB48-DFA8-46C6-82DD-6D11A9392890.jpeg

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz