'18 Yukon Denali vs. '18 Tahoe RST Premiere???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulNY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to buy one of these. Both have the 6.2 with 10 speed tranny. Denali stickers for $78k, the Tahoe $76k. However, I can get the Denali for $1k less. Is this an obvious choice? Any big differences? I really like the color keyed theme of the Tahoe, I must admit.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% hands down GMC! For some reason GMC holds their value better. If you compare the same year tahoe/yukon, mileage, options, etc you will generally see a big difference.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not aware that the RST trim came with the Premier. The Tahoe might not come with the upgraded dash as the Denali trim level does and with that the HUD. Based on your info though it comes down to personal preference. The trucks are basically a wash as they are the same. Personally when I was looking, I drove both the Yukon XL with the Denali trim level and the Suburban with the Premier trim, now the sub did not have the option then of the .9 liter bigger engine and the 4 extra cogs but I chose the sub because I did not like the frontend of gmc, it looks too smashed into a wall look as well as the jugear taillights that look too much like a Ford. Again just a personal opinion

bradntx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went through this, I didn't want a rear seat entertainment system or sunroof and I could not find a RST optioned that way. I did find a Denali with no options (other than the paint color) and bought it today. It seems that the RST requires the Sun & Fun package so ultimately the Denali was the only option for me. There are RSTs out there without the full TFT dash display (so no Heads Up) I wanted HU and all Denalis come with that. In the end I got the options I wanted and didn't have to pay the extra $3k for stuff I didn't want. GM seems to be incentivizing the GMCs a little better than on the Chevys right now. With the "base" Denali I also got the 20's that I like. Those 22's on the RSTs just aren't my thing and I was going to dump them ASAP if I went that route. I had to get the car from Houston which is 4 hours from me so I got to spend quite a bit of time with the truck on the drive home and am very happy with my choice.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali has a few interior material differences. Otherwise, you can get both equipped the same (HUD, ventillated seats, etc).

I personally would rather have a Denali than RST.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali has a few interior material differences. Otherwise, you can get both equipped the same (HUD, ventillated seats, etc).

I personally would rather have a Denali than RST.

Vented seats and HUD are now must haves for me in whatever vehicle I get from here on out.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get ACC on the RST, so if that matters than Denali it shall be for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01

Latest posts