09 Yukon Intermittent fan e-fans not running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. After learning that they existed I did a lot of research on them. Figured a 2010 would be good for my wife as they had ventilated seats and the engines received VVT for even better fuel economy. Then she drove a 6.2 and wants something faster!

Pleased with my LC9, took it to the drags again last night. It's no rocket ship hauling 6350 pounds around but racing is still racing.
Do your front and rear main seals leak a lot?

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear main may have just started, I'll look more closely in 2K miles when the oil change it due. This is the first oil leak since new.
I got valve cover gaskets leaking and front and main. Gonna fix valve cover and the. Put some stop leak in and see how it does.

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will still be relevant, but I was having the same problem a couple years ago. Motors were sluggish to start, and one would hang. I had to tap it to get it spinning. I ultimately bought the TYC 622210 7/9 blade fan unit and installed it. The specs on the box label stated that the components of the TYC unit were direct replacements for the 700W motors (and, obviously, the 7 and 9 blade fans. Rimmed.) Instant remedy of problem. The new fans spin up significantly quicker and move much more air. Almost two years on them, and they're still doing fine. Summer temps over 105* and pulling a grade coming home, and the temp needle never goes above the 210* mark. I kept my original fan assembly so I can source original motors and fan blades and have it ready in case the TYC unit craps out. I replaced the high and low speed relays, as well. I couldn't find the third relay at the time and forgot about it. They're still running, so I assume it's okay.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will still be relevant, but I was having the same problem a couple years ago. Motors were sluggish to start, and one would hang. I had to tap it to get it spinning. I ultimately bought the TYC 622210 7/9 blade fan unit and installed it. The specs on the box label stated that the components of the TYC unit were direct replacements for the 700W motors (and, obviously, the 7 and 9 blade fans. Rimmed.) Instant remedy of problem. The new fans spin up significantly quicker and move much more air. Almost two years on them, and they're still doing fine. Summer temps over 105* and pulling a grade coming home, and the temp needle never goes above the 210* mark. I kept my original fan assembly so I can source original motors and fan blades and have it ready in case the TYC unit craps out. I replaced the high and low speed relays, as well. I couldn't find the third relay at the time and forgot about it. They're still running, so I assume it's okay.
Same boat here. I got a 9/7 blade too but not that brand, I forget which I got but it was from summit. And on mine it wasn’t listed what the wattage of the new fans are anywhere. Someone on here told me my XFE uses 500 watt fans and so far so good. I should snag some fuses just in case. Yeah the new fans are loud and I can hear them running which I consider good. That way I know they’re on. If I don’t hear them I know there’s a problem. And yes they move so much air. My a/c works so good now.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the blades off my old fans (to mount on my drill to fan fires :). No wonder they wouldn’t work til I slapped them. I’m surprised they worked at all after seeing them.

Attachments

• D61AE92B-0859-410B-836A-8D38C69DD57D.jpeg
    D61AE92B-0859-410B-836A-8D38C69DD57D.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts