'07 Yukon XL Denali Headlamp LED Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '07 Yukon XL Denali I have the standard hi/lo beam bulbs in it.

To add an LED or Halogen bulb is there any change that needs to be done other than buying the bulbs.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my '07 Yukon XL Denali I have the standard hi/lo beam bulbs in it.

To add an LED or Halogen bulb is there any change that needs to be done other than buying the bulbs.
Lots of opinions on this. I bought a set of expensive LEDs a few years ago from "Headlight Experts" and they didn't work out. I tweaked them with different orientations for several days but could never get the high beam pattern right. They would create a V pattern with a large dark area in front of the truck while lighting the trees on the sides of the road bright enough to practically catch fire. Oh and they lasted maybe 18 months before one of them failed. I went back to the basic Sylvania conventional bulbs and haven't looked back. Others have had better luck and hopefully they'll chime in.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You only have to do it right once. They’re worth 10x what you pay in the offensive as well as defensive safety factor.
Lots of opinions on this. I bought a set of expensive LEDs a few years ago from "Headlight Experts" and they didn't work out. I tweaked them with different orientations for several days but could never get the high beam pattern right. They would create a V pattern with a large dark area in front of the truck while lighting the trees on the sides of the road bright enough to practically catch fire. Oh and they lasted maybe 18 months before one of them failed. I went back to the basic Sylvania conventional bulbs and haven't looked back. Others have had better luck and hopefully they'll chime in.

DB50D796-F768-46BD-B661-19682BB51779.jpeg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only have to do it right once. They’re worth 10x what you pay in the offensive as well as defensive safety factor.

View attachment 406928
I clocked them precisely the way both the manufacturer and others said to, and experimented in 5° increments through 180° to the point my arms were scratched up pretty good from reaching in there. No joy. Morimotos were out of reach at the time. Kids are expensive!

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights for my 07 Yukon XL Denali a few years ago, and they have been trouble-free and produce excellent lighting. Nothing to add or prep, as the lights come with everything that you need to install. And, they are easily adjustable for correct orientation, something that is required for LED headlights. They are expensive, but they come with a lifetime warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019