03 Escalade ESV Air Ride Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Got it now. I am only replacing the rear for the meantime. Just so I can remove the compressor and the shocks. I found a deal on a set of Rear Springs and shocks from a 03 Suburban Z71 that I was real tempted on buying but I compared springs from mine and they look just about the same. Same amount of coils unless there more stiff and keep the rear from sagging?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it now. I am only replacing the rear for the meantime. Just so I can remove the compressor and the shocks. I found a deal on a set of Rear Springs and shocks from a 03 Suburban Z71 that I was real tempted on buying but I compared springs from mine and they look just about the same. Same amount of coils unless there more stiff and keep the rear from sagging?
You want z71 springs. The air shocks add support so the springs are very soft.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want z71 springs. The air shocks add support so the springs are very soft.

Here. These are for the z71 and will likely lift your rear about .5-1"
8b40017219316f67db74c8e76b74515a.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here. These are for the z71 and will likely lift your rear about .5-1"
8b40017219316f67db74c8e76b74515a.jpg

81071 should keep the same ride height and spring rate of non air non z71 equipped vehicles. The 81069's are generally preferred though

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used shocks are a waste of $

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Well the truck now has springs in the rear with the air shocks. Not sure how it will ride with new Bilsteins using the factory springs on it now?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the truck now has springs in the rear with the air shocks. Not sure how it will ride with new Bilsteins using the factory springs on it now?
Probably better than mine since I've got some lesser shocks. I still have the stock springs and I am running Gabriel maxcontrol shocks. Not happy with the ride. Getting springs next.

See how yours feels though. Swapping rear springs and shocks are easy.

Love my bilsteins on my lifted jeep

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Sounds like Ill be on the look for shocks here soon. Hopefully by this week I will have them on. Ill definitely chime in on how the rear feels on Bilsteins and the factory springs on.

OP
OP
04YukonAWD

04YukonAWD

Reaction score
Just to make sure before replacing the shocks Remove the battery cable either + or - and remove the airride fuse. Replace the shocks and put back the battery cable and I should not get a Service Air Ride correct?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure before replacing the shocks Remove the battery cable either + or - and remove the airride fuse. Replace the shocks and put back the battery cable and I should not get a Service Air Ride correct?
Yup. Remove battery cable. Remove air ride fuse, plug in battery cable. The vehicle should now think it is not equipped with air ride. Not sure how this effects the electronic front shocks however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bassknocks