02 Z71 key questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

On_3_Go

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 02 Z71 and I'm
interested in getting some keys for it. I see kits on eBay with rear spacers and shock extenders for front and rear. I also see kits that just have the keys. My question is, which should I go with? I wanna level it out, but unsure what the rear spacer portion is for. Is it for maxing the keys out and still be level or what? Lol thanks for any advice ahead of time.

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keys and spacers

Search: Post your lifts, or just scroll down under this thread section and look through it, you'll see a whole bunch.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 02 Z71 and I'm
interested in getting some keys for it. I see kits on eBay with rear spacers and shock extenders for front and rear. I also see kits that just have the keys. My question is, which should I go with? I wanna level it out, but unsure what the rear spacer portion is for. Is it for maxing the keys out and still be level or what? Lol thanks for any advice ahead of time.
The spacers are for when you take the front past level so you add the spacers in the rear to level it back out. Make sure you get a kit that has at least shock extenders some even have new shocks. Mine was level with keys at 3 inches and a 2 inch spacer but yours will be different because I don't have a z71

whitey hoe

Reaction score
I put 2 1/2 keys on my 05 tahoe lt ,cranked the bolt all the way and my buddy has an 02 avalanche z71 w stock keys cranked 2/3 up and is sitting at same height.We have noticed that z71 gives quite a bit more bang for u buck,(tow package,skid plates,better interior,** 5.3 liter,stiffer coil springs and were thinking more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts