yukon/yukonxl HID in fogs anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tucsonlocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depo projectors and DDM tuning 6k 35w in fogs and lows.. Did have to change a bad ballast once, but it was under warranty, just had to swap it out.. other than that no problems.. 35w is pretty bright, i would maybe consider 5k in the future, 6k is pretty blue.. either way i am happy with them.. the light output on the stock fogs is pretty awesome, i might just get some OEM new replacements because mine are pretty beat from rocks etc..

Attachments

• side HID view.jpg
    side HID view.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
  • HIDs.jpg
    HIDs.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8
  • HIDcutoff.jpg
    HIDcutoff.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
rippinitup

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input and pics guys!..i realized the fog lights have a little hole in the back,im guessing to release heat? theres water dripping in causing fog on the lens and making the reflectors dirty..is there any way i can take the lens off to clean the fog light? and would there be a problem to seal the hole?

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input and pics guys!..i realized the fog lights have a little hole in the back,im guessing to release heat? theres water dripping in causing fog on the lens and making the reflectors dirty..is there any way i can take the lens off to clean the fog light? and would there be a problem to seal the hole?

i didnt seal the hole but on a chrysler we had, we had a smilar deal. drove through some deep water during a storm and the lights filled up with water (little too deep to drive through but oops). it was nasty water that left road grime on the inside. all i did was take the housing off, and soaked it in the sink with soap and water, used a soft (baby bottle) brush to clean the lense on the inside...make sure its foam type of brush and not plastic bristles...the bristles can scratch the plastic lens. then once it was clean and rinsed i used the compressor and air hose with one of those rubber tipped nozzles and blew all the water out of it. good as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84