yukon rear passenger taillight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSborn882007

Reaction score
so my brake light will not come on yet when I have my running lights on,both bulbs in that taillight will come on.anybody have this issue?

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
haven't checked the fuses yet but wouldn't think that would be it since the driver side works fine. which is the brake switch?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

nevermind,just figured out what your talking bout. ill check the fuses and then replace that and see.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

All fuses are good except my rear wiper fuse keeps blowing. Replaced the brake light switch and still no brake light

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

checked with multimeter.with the brakes pressed,no voltage.with just the running lights on,10.3-10.7v.when I unplug the taillight then my drivers side goes out with the brake pressed.came back on after I turned the running lights on and off again

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
G400

Rear Body Harness

On the right side B pillar, near the door striker

On the right side B pillar, near the door striker

Taillamp Harness (w/Trailier Harness. Except Cab Chassis)

At the rear of the left side frame rail, behind the bumper

Left side rear frame rail behind the bumper

G403 Left side rear frame rail behind the bumper

Fuel Pump and Sender (Utility)

Inside the left side frame rail, near the rear crossmember

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
cleaned the ground with 2 wires on drivers side by receiver and that didn't work.and now rear wiper fuse keeps blowing and the courtesy lights wont come on when I open the door.only when I turn them on with the dimmer.im bout ready to drive the damn thing into a lake

Delta_Chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you changed bulbs recently? A few years back I bought a two pack of brake bulbs for my Volkswagen. I changed one bulb and everything seemed OK. I noticed some interior bulbs stopped working after the bulb swap but couldn't figure it out. One day I was driving behind my car and noticed the brake light always on. Then I remembered I replaced the brake bulb so I checked it out. The bulb I replaced was the wrong type. There were two different bulbs in the package but they were supposed to be the same. Just a thought!

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
I replaced the bulb when I first saw it was out.i swapped all the bulbs around when I tried a new circuit board but the brake lights still wouldn't work on the passenger side.i checked the g401 and g400 grounds.i said screw it after that cuz its too damn cold right now.i just noticed today that the courtesy lights wouldn't come on and the rear wiper fuse keeps blowing

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

I noticed the had a few splices before on the harness. would it be worth buying a complete new tail lamp harness?

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
I don't know the actual term but theres like 4 or 5 of the clamp style splices. ive found em everywhere on the truck. behind the rear bumper,under the dash,on the wires for the headlight switch,etc. I have no clue what they were tryin to do with em

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts