Yukon owner from God's Country (Montana)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maza Mike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello my name is Mike and I am an owner of 2007 GMC Yukon SLT. My wife and I purchased the vehicle in March and so far it has been a great vehicle. Within the past two weeks the vehicle has posed what I am hoping is a minor flaw/problem.

When we go to start the vehicle it is as if the ignition gets stuck and is attempting the start the vehicle repeatedly. If keeps trying to turn over the engine even after the vehicle has already started. Hopefully this makes sense and I am hoping this sight can help me narrow the problem.

Thanks.

Berserker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello my name is Mike and I am an owner of 2007 GMC Yukon SLT. My wife and I purchased the vehicle in March and so far it has been a great vehicle. Within the past two weeks the vehicle has posed what I am hoping is a minor flaw/problem.

When we go to start the vehicle it is as if the ignition gets stuck and is attempting the start the vehicle repeatedly. If keeps trying to turn over the engine even after the vehicle has already started. Hopefully this makes sense and I am hoping this sight can help me narrow the problem.

Thanks.

Sounds like the ignition switch. I had a 99 burban that did the same thing. Changed out the ignition switch and problem solved. Pretty weird though for a truck less than 10 years old to already have that kind of issue.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Sounds like the switch. Easy to replace. Basically just drop the steering column cover (2 pieces), and youll see the switch right there. There are 2 spring loaded dogs that hold it into the housing. Release both of those and drop it down. Unplug and replace. You DO have to make sure its clocked correctly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz