Yukon head lamp alternatives???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey fellas. I'm new to the forum...pickin' up my 09 Yukon this weekend!

What are your thoughts about this headlamp? I can't stand the huge amber strips on the outside of the factory headlights. If these aren't good, can you provide alternatives?

http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting...alo-Projector-Headlights-Chrome-p7551026.html

Your honest opinions are genuinely appreciated. Many thanks. :)

*EDIT: DISREGARD. POSTED IN WRONG SECTION...WILL RESEARCH IN EXTERIOR SECTION (EXPLAINS WHY I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING HERE LOL) MODS FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can do a reflector delete on the stock lights..

there is a writeup on here.. im sure if you cant find it someone whos done it will pop up soon

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been looking into projectors too but the one you posted up has too much going on imo. but if you do go with these, i would love to see some pics

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on not liking all the leds in those too.. if you DO have to get those.. dont hook up all the lil ugly leds.. .

Since no one has came around and got with you on the stock amber delete.. i found this for you..

Q: If I bake the headlights at 200 degrees on a cookie sheet will I ruin the lights or melt anything else?
A: NO, the plastics/plexi outer cover/reflectors/bulbs all have a much higher melting point than 200 Degrees. The glue that holds the headlight together softens at 150 degrees and does not evaporate. You can reseal your headlights with no loss of sealant and you don't have to add any glue. Just put the lights back into the oven, and let the glue get soft again for closing the install.

If you google ccfl halo installation

you should eventually find a tutorial.. i think .. if youre truck is any color BUT white.. you should pop out the ambers and paint them to match.. then put them back in and re seal the lights.. i think that would look ****

OP
OP
A

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 on not liking all the leds in those too.. if you DO have to get those.. dont hook up all the lil ugly leds.. .

Since no one has came around and got with you on the stock amber delete.. i found this for you..

Q: If I bake the headlights at 200 degrees on a cookie sheet will I ruin the lights or melt anything else?
A: NO, the plastics/plexi outer cover/reflectors/bulbs all have a much higher melting point than 200 Degrees. The glue that holds the headlight together softens at 150 degrees and does not evaporate. You can reseal your headlights with no loss of sealant and you don't have to add any glue. Just put the lights back into the oven, and let the glue get soft again for closing the install.

If you google ccfl halo installation

you should eventually find a tutorial.. i think .. if youre truck is any color BUT white.. you should pop out the ambers and paint them to match.. then put them back in and re seal the lights.. i think that would look ****

Man, thanks a million. I've been blown away by how much information everyone shares, and I'm fortunate to have joined a good forum.

After hearing all of the feedback, I think I'll pass on the headlights that I originally posted and use your steps as a spring board to take out those amber lights. When I do, I'll be sure to post pics.

Thanks fellas.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
They're photoshoped, but first pic is clear corners and second has them matched white...

troop.jpg

whiites.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts