You guys know how I ride... (Z71 Bumpstops inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just threw some bilsteins on the front today..my djms were TRASHED after a year and a half, bushings completely gone, one was so lose i could compress it with my pinky..

with the DJM arms, you have to spread the shock tabs to make the shocks fit because of the wider sleeves on the new shocks. i just beat on them with a hammer and bar since i didnt have a torch or anything here at school. Pass side took forever, but the drivers side i barely had to widen it.

these bilsteins seem better..much firmer on the highway..still rides like a 6000 lb suv on 24s lol..im done ******* with it..hopefully sending it down the road in the springs

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Nickleahy23;557379]still rides like a 6000 lb suv on 24s lol..im done ******* with it..hopefully sending it down the road in the springs[/QUOTE]

:laughing1:[ haha
i still have to get the front shocks going to go with belltech tho i got the bumpstops in today and they're like an eight to 1/4 an inch away from touching :emotions122:
but stilll thinking about selling it:emotions122:

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just threw some bilsteins on the front today..my djms were TRASHED after a year and a half, bushings completely gone, one was so lose i could compress it with my pinky..

with the DJM arms, you have to spread the shock tabs to make the shocks fit because of the wider sleeves on the new shocks. i just beat on them with a hammer and bar since i didnt have a torch or anything here at school. Pass side took forever, but the drivers side i barely had to widen it.

these bilsteins seem better..much firmer on the highway..still rides like a 6000 lb suv on 24s lol..im done ******* with it..hopefully sending it down the road in the springs

QUOTE=Nickleahy23;557379]still rides like a 6000 lb suv on 24s lol..im done ******* with it..hopefully sending it down the road in the springs

:laughing1:[ haha
i still have to get the front shocks going to go with belltech tho i got the bumpstops in today and they're like an eight to 1/4 an inch away from touching :emotions122:
but stilll thinking about selling it:emotions122:[/QUOTE]

I hate to see you guys selling your trucks, but I understand how it is sometimes. Mine was up for sale but I think I'm going to hold it for a little longer. I still have a few ideas I want to flesh out before I give up.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehh just getting bored of it..it has 190k on it..its in great shape for what it is, but its due for a paintjob, has a few leaks that require a rebuild etc..just time for a change, but that wont happen until i get a real job in the spring/summer

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting a paintjob right now! **** :(

How often do u drive ur beast Max? It sounds like it's always down for maintenance and upgrades.

Nick, mine is getting there too. I learned my lesson with my first modded vehicle. I got very close to how I wanted it but I gave up on it before it was finished. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got these!!
Let's see how I do putting these on!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350445932865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350445932865.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 40

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got some tips on putting the helper bags on ?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do u drive ur beast Max? It sounds like it's always down for maintenance and upgrades.

Nick, mine is getting there too. I learned my lesson with my first modded vehicle. I got very close to how I wanted it but I gave up on it before it was finished. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

lol i know what you mean..i had a bagged ext cab..completely redone..spent an entire spring break redoing everything with the valves and wiring to get it perfect, and i sold it a week later..lost my ass on it and i did it because i also had the tahoe and always wanted 24s..i regret it to this day..but this truck is barely modified compared to that one and hopefully once i graduate in december and get a job, i can put some money into a nice newer truck..but well see

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i know what you mean..i had a bagged ext cab..completely redone..spent an entire spring break redoing everything with the valves and wiring to get it perfect, and i sold it a week later..lost my ass on it and i did it because i also had the tahoe and always wanted 24s..i regret it to this day..but this truck is barely modified compared to that one and hopefully once i graduate in december and get a job, i can put some money into a nice newer truck..but well see

Pics of ur ext cab? I swear your truck looks like one I saw on s10forum waaay back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA