You guys know how I ride... (Z71 Bumpstops inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no idea your girl stole your testicles Nick, let us know when you get them back so you can mod your truck again.

haha i only have class 2 days a week, so ill be heading home to work and golf when i want to..shoot me some gears and install kits and ill go get them put in lol

4cefed370

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys i did the 3"drop djm arms up front and 4" springs out back from norcalss ans im sitting at 32" all around, anyways my stock bumpstops were destroyed up front so i just took them out, i just added the z71 stops unmodified and it definately handles the bumps way better, however with truck sitting at ride height the is a 1/16 - 1/8" gap from the bumpstop and control arm, is this ok or should i maybe weld a shim onto the lower control arm so that its touching

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll be ok. However, everything I've learned is through trial and error. I try it and decide if I like it or not.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Almost an hour and finally done one side

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Victor....how did everything work out on putting that bumpstop in??? Thats looks like a mighty beefy long bolt. Did you figure in for compressing when yon go over bumps?? Looks like that bolt is super long man. I would like to know if you are happy with the front. Because I will be doing the exact same thing and I will epoxy bumpstop on to the thread of the bolt for added strength... Let me know pimp. Your thoughts looked good.:Handshake:

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Victor....how did everything work out on putting that bumpstop in??? Thats looks like a mighty beefy long bolt. Did you figure in for compressing when yon go over bumps?? Looks like that bolt is super long man. I would like to know if you are happy with the front. Because I will be doing the exact same thing and I will epoxy bumpstop on to the thread of the bolt for added strength... Let me know pimp. Your thoughts looked good.:Handshake:

Ya its a pretty beefy long bolt I have only done one side I haven't had anytime
I really don't feel the difference but haven't done other side
It works well bolt doesn't get close to hitting (I think bolt is like 2 inches long lol)
But I'm just thinking of ordering some belltech bumpstops the ones that have the bolt integrated already its easier like that than how I did it
But I'm not sure yet thinking of lifting back up my truck I really don't like the ride to bumpy and rattling inside plus roads are all nasty and theirs a lot of construction going on here in Utah

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Yeah Vic, you just turned me on to something also. I just found the Belltech ones on www.autoanything.com and that is the route I'm going. 3" long and already have the bolt in there and polyurethane.... I got 2.75" from my frame plate to the top of my A-arm.
These are 3.01" long. THAT WILL BE PERFECT! The dealer wants $28.22 a piece for the Z-71 bumstop and the Belltech ones are $30 for the pair and free shipping.
Its a NO brainer for me!!!
belltech_49242_zps3c09fe01.jpg

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Vic, you just turned me on to something also. I just found the Belltech ones on www.autoanything.com and that is the route I'm going. 3" long and already have the bolt in there and polyurethane.... I got 2.75" from my frame plate to the top of my A-arm.
These are 3.01" long. THAT WILL BE PERFECT! The dealer wants $28.22 a piece for the Z-71 bumstop and the Belltech ones are $30 for the pair and free shipping.
Its a NO brainer for me!!!
belltech_49242_zps3c09fe01.jpg

Ya I should of done that since the beginning I would of been way easier with these belltech

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Hey Alexx33, what are you running for front shox??? I hate these DJM'S that came with kit. I'm guessing your running the BT's in front?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz