Year Compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninetyninenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 99 Denali with the Bose system that has the cassette head unit, slave CD player, and 6-disc changer in the console. Some of the lights are out behind the buttons on the head unit and it's just not in very good aesthetic condition. I am considering replacing it with another factory unit, but I would like to get one with a CD player instead of cassette and replace the slave drive with a pocket. Will any other year model CD units work in mine and still allow me to use the disc changer?

Thanks

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site.

I think they stayed the same until 02, then changed in 03-06.

So you wouldn't want an aftermarket HU?

OP
OP
N

ninetyninenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks.
I have considered an aftermarket unit; I'm just not too fond of the way single din units look in a larger opening and I prefer the factory look. I would be more inclined if I could somehow squeeze a double din in there... Would an aftermarket unit be compatible with the factory Bose amp? Would it still sound as 'decent' as it does, or possibly better? I assume I wouldn't be able to use the disc changer, but that wouldn't be too much of a concern as long as it had some type of AUX input.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can fit a DD in your year. They ( new headunits )are commonly done with AUX up front for easy Ipod capability.
Most won't work with the factory Bose, without some serious wiring. But I plan to take all my Bose out, and a small 5 channel amp and replace all the factory Bose anyways. Should sound way better in the long run. But if you like the factory speakers and don't want to really do any modding/upgrading, maybe an OEM replacement is in order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thydrick

Latest posts