XM RAdio in new Yukon???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

veniculum

Reaction score
So I picked up my new Yukon SLT last night..really dig it. But I'm concerned about something, and I can't seem to get a straight answer. I had an old XM radio in my old vehicle...and when the satellite companies merged, I was able to get a 'best of sirius' package.
So with this new vehicle, I called today and had them roll over my 'premier package' which included the best of sirius to my new vehicle. Problem is, some of those stations are not coming in..even after I do what XM/sirius tells me to leave the station at channel 1 for 10 minutes. Still...no (channel 100 in this case). I listen to Stern a lot, and I"m not getting it, despite upgrading my subscription in this vehicle.
So the question is, does this car support both sirius and XM channels...are any of you able to listen to Stern...I would think nowadays all radios in all new cars would support both XM and Sirius.
Please advise!

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

nevermind...it's fixed

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad we could help!

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
XM radio's sound quality is so bad that I probably listened to about thirty minutes of music on one channel after another when I first got my Tahoe before I said "I'm not going to listen to this S&i@." and gave it up permanently. :Insane:

OP
OP
V

veniculum

Reaction score
I've been a subscriber for 9 years (XM), and don't really listen because of sound quality...I'm an old fart these days (turning 40 in a few months) and listen to mostly talk radio and comedy...in which case, there's really no substitute for satellite...at least not for me.
So I panicked...sorry :(

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a subscriber for 9 years (XM), and don't really listen because of sound quality...I'm an old fart these days (turning 40 in a few months) and listen to mostly talk radio and comedy...in which case, there's really no substitute for satellite...at least not for me.
So I panicked...sorry :(

No one is trying to be mean Todd, and I am glad that you asked for help. It is just nice to see that you were able to figure the issue out for yourself. Do you know what had happened? I am sure someone would have chimed in eventually with some advice, had that not been the case. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with XM radio. I listen to it daily. Some people just don't like it, and that is fine. For others, like yourself, XM provides exactly what you are looking for. Let us know if you need any other assistance! :Handshake:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n