Worn Control Arm Bushings??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have another similar thread below but I jumped ahead of myself. The control arm bushings in my truck are the stock units. How do I know when they are shot? Small sharp bumps like a man hol cover or a little pot hole make the front end sound loose is the best wat I can describe it. Nothing is loose that I can tell, shocks are fine and so on. I know it is a real bastard of a job for $50 worth of parts too, I am trying not to think about it right now.

So any thoughts?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
are the bushings cracked and or dry rotted? also whats the condition of your wheel hubs? pushing those heavy tires all day long is the enemy to those bearings, i know mine failed on me and i had about a half inch of play in them.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hubs are ok I think. Yeah, the bushings are dry rotted and cracked and just a mess. Seeing the outer part of the bushing looking like that leads me to believe the inside is wrecked also.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Yea most likely the control arm bushings. I just brought mine to the shop recently because i thought it was going to snap my front end in half when hitting a sequence of bumps. That is actually what led my truck into breaking a control arm. And everything went to shit from there. But i had a new control arm put in and a Bushings done on both sides.

Drives nice now though :)

rucr8z2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just get a new control arm from the stealership(wholesale of coarse) comes with new bushings and balljoint(best balljoint to get )price diff between all is only 50 bucks and the arm comes complete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts