Wiring Harness for Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone; i'm having to replace my stock radio because i'm getting ready to wire up 4 15's in the ol' Heavy Chevy haha. Now the question I have is this. I ordered this wiring harness for aftermarket radio. http://www.amazon.com/GMOS-04-OnStar%C2%AE-Interface-Amplified-Systems/dp/B000980HC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329357366&sr=8-1
I have OnStar along with the Bose speaker package so I'm hoping this will work; what you think?
EDIT; I have a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe, I forgot to mention that lol.

Last edited:

ckl5899

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need an antenna adapter for the specific radio you are putting in.Radio install kit (housing that fits the deck to the truck). Then you should be good.

OP
OP
Sweet Aaron

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe I already have that. I'm not 100% sure but I had this radio hooked up in my old 2001 Tahoe so I have everything but the new harness I think.

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure after like 01 or 02 they went from din and a half to double din did they not?

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luckl with that wiring harness, I couldnt get it to work right and ended up just throwing in all my aftermarket amps...... I had a buzzing at low volumes that I could not get rid of, and after some googling, seems to be a common issue.

OP
OP
Sweet Aaron

Sweet Aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'v heard from a few people that they have had problems but most of them were just human error like forgetting a wire or not completely hooking it up. Most people i'v talked to said they had it working fine. I hope it works D: lol

BizZill211

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wiring harness for aftermarket deck

Hello everybody! I'm new to the Tahoe and love it!! Me and my wife just bought a 2003 Tahoe and I need some info on installing an aftermarket deck. I'm not sure what trim level it is. I did a vin check and all three models popped up. LS, LT, and Z71 or whatever the other one is.

I don't have onstar or bose, and my door don't chime (Don't know why)
So my question is, do I really need the $50+ Wire harness with the chimer thing or can I just use the wire harness alone by it's self. And if so do any body know the model number of the harness.

Thx in advance

oops Thought I started a new thread sorry

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget