Wireless charging mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funymuny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe not on topic but I have 2017 Denali and Samsung GS 8+ with a thin cover. I did do the mod to 'flip' the charging mat. The GS8+ with my covers seems to rest just on the edges of the mat. Very slight, maybe 1/16" off the surface. It charges fine every time. My wife's GS8 fits fine. Flipping the mat solved the original problem of not charging reliably. It lets the phone slide further so the charging components align.

MechEng813

Reaction score
Ha! I guess that’s what I’m really looking for is a good diy that still looks normal! If anyone finds one post it up here! I’m sure I’m not the only one. Got my iPhone X in and it works on charging on my friends Samsung wireless charger, and on a cheap Groupon $6 wireless charger, wonder why it won’t work on the charging factory wireless pads in these? The iPhone X fits perfectly inside the pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I wound up doing. Works perfectly (minus the charging icon on the center display)

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-amazon-parts-for-25-iphonex-confirmed.98577/

jfuse01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wireless charging mod works for me. I opened up the charging module and removed just the magnet. I also reversed the pad and my iPhone X charges perfectly in my 2016 Tahoe now.