Wireless charging mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there has/can mod the wireless charging tray on the New Tahoe/suburban/Escalades to accommodate for an iPhone plus? Right now my iPhone doesn’t fit flat into the tray, just barley too big. Any ideas? (I don’t have a wireless charging iPhone but will pick up one in nov. and would like to use the wireless charging) I’m sure several other people would like this as well if there is a solution for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like several of us can’t get the smaller sized iphone 8 to charge either. I’d wait to confirm its even possible to charge an iPhone before hacking up the tray.

OP
OP
J

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Sounds good let me know what is found out with the 8’s

OP
OP
J

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Does the wireless charging work with android phones? Have a couple people sit them on mine but haven’t ever really messed with it

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a Samsung that worked. Then drove to Verizon to see if it was my new I phone 8 that was messed up and that guys Samsung S7 wouldn't work. So I'm going to try and maybe adjust the coil if that's possible

OP
OP
J

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to get the iPhone to charge with the wireless charging mat in the Tahoe/suburban?

OP
OP
J

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Hmm easy mod to make them work? New iPhone X actually fits in the spot just won’t charge. Friends Samsung charger (wireless) charges the phone just fine wirelessly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14