Windshield Wiper Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bajagal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in snow country. A week ago my right wiper blade froze to the windshield when I turned it on. It didn't work correctly for a few days , then worked intermittently, now works fine. Saturday the driver's side wiper blade caught on a piece of ice down by the hood and quit working, then worked for a few swipes but was way off to the left, it ended up on my outside mirror. Now doesn't work although it is trying and moves slightly when I turn on the wiper blades. Of course I was driving from Lake Tahoe to So Cal through a snow storm & then rain. I pulled over and tightened the nut at the bottom of the wiper arm but it didn't help. Does anyone have a suggestion? Time to replace the motor?
Thank you, Mary

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
splines could be worn off the arm, then you need a new arm.

unless you can move it by hand wiper motor off, and feel the wiper tanny parts moving.

if the wiper trans parts broke its a rather simple r&r.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the splines like Scotty said. You can just expose the nut on the bottom of the arm and turn on the wipers. Get out and go look at the nut. If you can see it is moving, but not the wiper, that is your issue.

OP
OP
bajagal

bajagal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the splines like Scotty said. You can just expose the nut on the bottom of the arm and turn on the wipers. Get out and go look at the nut. If you can see it is moving, but not the wiper, that is your issue.

Thank you so much for your help. Sorry for the delay replying. I had tightened the nut a when I was driving but only had pliers, today I was able to tighten the nut till the wiper blade moved but it keeps loosening. I will replace the blade. Easy fix.

OP
OP
bajagal

bajagal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you so much for your help. With better tools today I was able to tighten the nut better. It keeps loosening so I will replace the blade. Easy fix! Really appreciate it. Mary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645