Will an LS 4L60 or 65 fit in a 99 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motown 454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 99 Tahoe with a 4L60 in it will a newer LS style trans fit in to replace the older version? Its a 4X4 with a 5.7 motor, and will it match to my transfer case or can I use both Trans and case from a newer 4X4 truck?
Thanks
Wayne

nomad

Reaction score
Hi I have a 99 Tahoe with a 4L60 in it will a newer LS style trans fit in to replace the older version? Its a 4X4 with a 5.7 motor, and will it match to my transfer case or can I use both Trans and case from a newer 4X4 truck?
Thanks
Wayne

Both the older Gen 1.5 5.7 L31's and the newer LSX engines use the same bolt pattern. The newer tranmission and transfer case will work in your 99 Tahoe. Verify the newer doner vehicle is using a NP8 option (246 transfer case). About the only issue you may have to deal with is the parameters for the newer 4l60 trans that would be in the newer vehicles computer

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. You will need a spacer with the LS version b/c it is shorter and the converters are different. The kit is from GM and comes with longer bolts and dowel pins. A major drawback is that the cable is too tight and you can't drop it into 1st. Also the dip stick will not fit so you have to get a Lokar which is $$$. Not worth the conversion imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb

Latest posts