Why is my 2015 not flex fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
I guess that tells you your car isn't flex fuel.

Indeed and frankly I am quite ok with it. Only Sheetz around here sells the E85 stuff and despite other vehicles in my fleet being able to digest the corn juice I have never used it. I really prefer not to use E10 but do with semi regular tanks of real ethanol free gas.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around my parts, the octane rating of ethanol free is no higher than 90. Ninety minutes away, along US27 there are a plethora of ethanol free 93 octane stations stretching almost all the way to the Magic Kingdom.

But I did learn about two places in Stuart selling 260GT (100 unleaded) at the pump and E85-R from drums and pails. Hmm...

Tyler424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe is E85 capable and came with the yellow gas cap. Mine was built in March, this would be classified as the first generation as they released updates for those built after October 2015

aschevfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2016 is non e85. I prefer not to have it. If your fuel sensor ever goes out your motor will default to e85 and flip a code. The only remedy is a 400 sensor.