Why is my 2015 not flex fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the recent thread about Irma rolling through Florida and the use of flex fuel in a Denali got me thinking about E85.

The price gouging on gasoline is on. Up $ 40 cents this week alone due to Harvey.. I'm sure it will surge more after Irma is done

My local station has flex fuel at 1.50 gallon.

My 2015 Tahoe does not have a yellow cap and does not except E85, although the owners manual makes mention of it.

Would have been nice to try it out, even with its shortcomings.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's price gouging but more supply and demand at play. If gas was $6 a gallon then that's price gouging but not plus $.40. Also I don't think 2015+ use flex fuel but give it a try and let us know how that works out.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's price gouging but more supply and demand at play. If gas was $6 a gallon then that's price gouging but not plus $.40. Also I don't think 2015+ use flex fuel but give it a try and let us know how that works out.
It's price gouging. They did it back on 9/11 too, and a bunch of places got in trouble for it. Those places paid low prices to fill their tanks, then jacked the prices during a time of emergency. Scum bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's the consensus? Do the 2015+ models accept E85 or not? 5.3 and/or 6.2

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owners manual says it will have a sticker on the fuel door. Pretty sure my 2017 isn't a flex fuel either. My explorer is capless and flex fuel, it has a yellow band around the fuel area, so I'd say no, it probably isn't .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2