white housing ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want a white housing head light in stead of clear chrome or black ? does any one know were they may sell these for head lights and even my tail lights i dont want euro or chrome or black i want the housings to be white with clear lenses and if they dont they should because im not the only one looking for these and u know it would look badazz on a Tahoe especially a white one

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a white housing head light in stead of clear chrome or black ? does any one know were they may sell these for head lights and even my tail lights i dont want euro or chrome or black i want the housings to be white with clear lenses and if they dont they should because im not the only one looking for these and u know it would look badazz on a Tahoe especially a white one

No one will ever make them.. .and heres why... why white? what about all the other 9,999,999 color variations on vehicles? The cost would be too much to stock enough colors to keep anyone happy..

you have to open the lenses and paint them..and i recommend doing it on a projector headlight.. because light out put on a halogen depends on the chrome

Its pretty easy though.. to bake them and get them painted.. theres baking tutorials out there.. post some pics of you do it.. its a pretty sexy mod

Wes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I would have to agree with MOB. They have way too many colors out there a company would have to make and that would cost alot of money because of the molding cost and they would have to mass produce them in each. I just dont think there is that big of a market for it unless of course GM bought them but they would just make their own like they did for the C6 Vettes.

I did send a PM though.

OP
OP
badazz

badazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No one will ever make them.. .and heres why... why white? what about all the other 9,999,999 color variations on vehicles? The cost would be too much to stock enough colors to keep anyone happy..

you have to open the lenses and paint them..and i recommend doing it on a projector headlight.. because light out put on a halogen depends on the chrome

Its pretty easy though.. to bake them and get them painted.. theres baking tutorials out there.. post some pics of you do it.. its a pretty sexy mod

funny joke and ya but basic colors like white black i mean other colors just aren't that basic and plan but your kinda right

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Yea, I would have to agree with MOB. They have way too many colors out there a company would have to make and that would cost alot of money because of the molding cost and they would have to mass produce them in each. I just dont think there is that big of a market for it unless of course GM bought them but they would just make their own like they did for the C6 Vettes.

I did send a PM though.

ya that's kinda were my idea originated from almost but i always wanted it done i sent a message to ya also

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny joke and ya but basic colors like white black i mean other colors just aren't that basic and plan but your kinda right

lol... i wasnt joking?.. OH.. you thought the BAKING part was a joke.. actually nooo thats real shit.t. here is a time and temp you can bake the lights at the is hot enough to melt the silicone glue stuff but not hot enough to damage the housing.. You really could pull this off.. it owuld just take some workk

The problem is too.. is there are no too companys that us e the same colors.. not even the blacks and whites.. for instance i HHAATTTEEEE store bought black rims on black vehicles.. because they are NOT the same color.. to me they might as well be Yellow and Green.. the blacks look THAT far apart to me

On a side note.. IF a light company wanted to do a set like this.. they could provide a set of headlights and markers.. already opened and primed black.. with a sealer kit.. so you buy them with the intention of painting and sealing them.. that could work and be kinda cool...

Sorry to pee in your thread wes..

If you need more info.. post a new thread in the regular section and we will get up a plan to getting them done!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
badazz

badazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol... i wasnt joking?.. OH.. you thought the BAKING part was a joke.. actually nooo thats real shit.t. here is a time and temp you can bake the lights at the is hot enough to melt the silicone glue stuff but not hot enough to damage the housing.. You really could pull this off.. it owuld just take some workk

The problem is too.. is there are no too companys that us e the same colors.. not even the blacks and whites.. for instance i HHAATTTEEEE store bought black rims on black vehicles.. because they are NOT the same color.. to me they might as well be Yellow and Green.. the blacks look THAT far apart to me

On a side note.. IF a light company wanted to do a set like this.. they could provide a set of headlights and markers.. already opened and primed black.. with a sealer kit.. so you buy them with the intention of painting and sealing them.. that could work and be kinda cool...

If you need more info.. post a new thread in the regular section and we will get up a plan to getting them done!!

no its cool but that is a good idea i think a company should do made to order deals like u send them your make model and color and they spray them to what u want for a little extra just seems easier then stocking many lights with different colors and hoping people buy

OP
OP
badazz

badazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

no i ment this joke

What do you call a grown man with no scars or calluses?

Well theres no need to be rude.. just call him whatever his boyfriend does.