Which Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here. I have a 98 Tahoe 4X4 that I have ordered a set of Fuel Off-Road 20 inch wheels for. I am trying to decide on tire sizes, I am going to go with the Hankook Dynapro ATM. I am planning to crank the bars and add a 2 inch block to the rear leaf springs. Should I go with the 275/55/20 which works out to a 31.9 inch tire approx, or should I pick the 275/60/20 which works out to a 33 inch tire. Does anyone have any pics of this setup? Thank you all very much for the help. Also, should I just crank the stock keys or should I purchase a set of aftermarket keys to make the tires fit? I have looked at a Zone offroad kit with keys and 2 inch blocks, as well as trailmaster keys. I have also read about using Ford keys? Sorry for all of the questions but I'm new to the forum.

Cheers,
Ryan

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are going to crank a little, I vite for the 275. Be careful with the offset and back spacing on the rims or they will rub like crazy.

As for the cranking itself, try the stock keys 99.8% of the time they are more than enough to crank too far. If not the tbars are worn and a bandaid is different keys that are indexed differently to gain more lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401