which hid kit for 2015 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I have a 15' SLE, want to get some HIDs in for the time being...9005 bulbs for the lows and h10s for the fogs? Do I need a relay for the lows?

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this kit off Amazon and have used it for 2 months now (including two trips from MO to Houston and one to Cincinnati all three mostly night driving!) with no issues and I LOVE the output! MUCH better than stock low beams!!
Quality components and half the price of the more popular brand on here... Amazon says it won't fit my vehicle (15 LT Suburban) but it does...

OPT7® Bolt AC 55w HID Xenon Conversion Kit w/ Relay Harness & Capacitors - 2 Year Warranty - H11 (5000K, Bright White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC2ZU4K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_LFYVvbA4AKD0Q

And YES...you absolutely want a kit with the relay!!

Only thing I 'altered' and wasn't 'plug and play' was the power lead side from the battery to the inline fuse......I extended that lead by about 3ft so I could mount the inline fuse and relay on the front bulkhead next to the radiator for easy access if there were a need to change the fuse or troubleshoot the relay. Total install took me about 3 hours - but I am **** about everything looking clean and as close to 'factory' as possible so I spent a lot if time zip tieing all the wiring and/or covering it with wire looms. Pretty easy just time consuming. But best $70 I've spent on my Suburban to date!!!

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I bought this kit off Amazon and have used it for 2 months now (including two trips from MO to Houston and one to Cincinnati all three mostly night driving!) with no issues and I LOVE the output! MUCH better than stock low beams!!
Quality components and half the price of the more popular brand on here... Amazon says it won't fit my vehicle (15 LT Suburban) but it does...

OPT7® Bolt AC 55w HID Xenon Conversion Kit w/ Relay Harness & Capacitors - 2 Year Warranty - H11 (5000K, Bright White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC2ZU4K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_LFYVvbA4AKD0Q

And YES...you absolutely want a kit with the relay!!

Only thing I 'altered' and wasn't 'plug and play' was the power lead side from the battery to the inline fuse......I extended that lead by about 3ft so I could mount the inline fuse and relay on the front bulkhead next to the radiator for easy access if there were a need to change the fuse or troubleshoot the relay. Total install took me about 3 hours - but I am **** about everything looking clean and as close to 'factory' as possible so I spent a lot if time zip tieing all the wiring and/or covering it with wire looms. Pretty easy just time consuming. But best $70 I've spent on my Suburban to date!!!

Thanks man, so H11's are for the lows?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always get the retrofit source relay harnes, both low and fogs.

That harness rocks!

Warmup times, brightness, longevity, etc all improves dramatically with a good harness.
I use a 30 amp resettable circuit breaker for my hid relay kits. One breaker can server, lows, highs and fogs.

Nice see ha again beembub

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Always get the retrofit source relay harnes, both low and fogs.

That harness rocks!

Warmup times, brightness, longevity, etc all improves dramatically with a good harness.
I use a 30 amp resettable circuit breaker for my hid relay kits. One breaker can server, lows, highs and fogs.

Nice see ha again beembub

Whats up bud haha yeah I will buy from retrofit source..but I still need to know what bulb sizes to get for lows and fogs lol

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
What's budget on the bulbs?

Umm like cheap lol... I've already spent a shit load on this truck I just want a cheap hid kit for lows and fogs and when they go out I'll spend more on an expensive set. I had a ddm kit in my lows of my 07 Denali and amazon kit in my fogs and they last a year with no problems until I sold it the other day