Where to run wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLKTah02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to install a new stereo with amp and sub, what access points do i have or can run through the firewall for these wires???

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
The only firewall wire you need is the amps 12 volt the rest can be one in cabin

OP
OP
BLKTah02

BLKTah02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only firewall wire you need is the amps 12 volt the rest can be one in cabin

yea thats the one i need that goes to the battery, its the power cable one, but where can i snake this wire through??

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Mine doesnt leak or anything i just found a bare spot and drilled the hole. People use rubber rings for the hole but i didnt n it doesnt leak so its good

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
craw under truck ,check under driver seat might find a knock out plug. if not then the fire wall . i did my about 3" from rear of the engine (driver side). drill small hole and fish a wire thru to see were it comes out . mind came out right above the gas pedal. when you run your power wire used a rubber ring to protect the wire, also caulk around the hole. good luck.

OP
OP
BLKTah02

BLKTah02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesnt leak or anything i just found a bare spot and drilled the hole. People use rubber rings for the hole but i didnt n it doesnt leak so its good

found a spot but now having a hard time running the 4 gauage wire under neath the trim?? seems impossible even with a smaller power wire

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
found a spot but now having a hard time running the 4 gauage wire under neath the trim?? seems impossible even with a smaller power wire

I ran mine under carpet next to the trim piece

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick