Where to keep 35" spare tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I took my lifted (6") 2016 Suburban in to 4Wheel Parts and got my spare mounted in the original spare location (35" Pro Comp Extreme MT2). They had to modify it slightly due to it hitting the track bar and it cost me $250 for them to do it, but it would have been much more expensive to buy a rear mount and it would have made it too long to fit in the garage and a pain in the butt every time you want to open the rear lift gate. Roof mount would also have prevented me from parking it in the garage.

quicksilver

Reaction score
Today I took my lifted (6") 2016 Suburban in to 4Wheel Parts and got my spare mounted in the original spare location (35" Pro Comp Extreme MT2). They had to modify it slightly due to it hitting the track bar and it cost me $250 for them to do it, but it would have been much more expensive to buy a rear mount and it would have made it too long to fit in the garage and a pain in the butt every time you want to open the rear lift gate. Roof mount would also have prevented me from parking it in the garage.
Awesome! Can you post pics and/or give details of how and what the modification was? I would really really like a full 35" spare under mine.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it wasn't the 4wp that's local to me. That modification would be a big hammer to your track bar...and an emptier wallet.

Then they would let you go with your axle sitting a little sideways while shrugging their shoulders muddering "not my car"....

Hopefully your shop is better.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What was the modification?

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobile%20Uploads

They moved the mounting bracket rearward a few inches and something else I think. Had to shorten the tube that you slide the tire iron tool thru to turn the crank. When I have time I will remove the spare and take some pics. Yes, my 4WP store is great!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to upload it to a hosting site and then link it here with the image button etc

ScottyGunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How far down under does it hang? Does it affect the clearance going through rough terrain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645