Where to keep 35" spare tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Colt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
installing a 6" lift and 35 mudd grapplers. Where y'all out yalls spare tire for lift tahoes? Always owned trucks and just threw them in the back.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried fitting it in the spare tire holder under the vehicle? It just might squeeze in there.

OP
OP
J

Justin Colt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea i seen those but don't like them lol. I'm leaning more toward the ones that go on the roof, but damn that'll be rough getting down if I ever did need it lol. And it might squeeze under neath the Tahoe, but I'm guessing with a 35 it would hang down pretty far and I don't like the look of it.
There are some crafty but costly rear mount spare tire carriers.

Click this link
seen those

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I think some guys have stuffed them under in the original location. Ive personally never tried it but I think guys on GMFS have done it.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ prolly have to remove heat shield by exhaust pipe
or finagle it a bit when you draw it up

harpsubb92

Reaction score
35" won't fit hits the track bar. I went with a 33" fits fine. If I need it figure I'll air down the 35" to line up diff and get home etc. I can take pics if that would help. Not sure if u have a compressor, if so get an ARB tire repair kit. Will fix most issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof in a basket would definitely look the best, but damn that would be a serious chore to lug over 100 pounds up there, and down again if/when you get a flat.

IDK, maybe you're in better shape than I am. LOL!

I've always skipped the spare on trucks/SUVs I've lifted and never had a problem. Course I'm a poser mall-crawler though, never really off-road my rigs. So no need to have a spare while I'm cruising for a parking spot at Target. Ha!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If
You have a portable
Compressor, you might be able
To air down a 35 and stuff it up in the factory spot.
That's what I did with an older superduty.
I never needed it but if I did, hook it up to the compressor while your doing all the work.
When you're done, itd be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier