Where did all the incentives go???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17s in my area are the same price as the 18s. It’s a joke.

I’m trying to narrow down my choice between the Tahoe, Armada and Sequoia and its becoming more obvious how overpriced GM’s full sized Suvs are.
I am seeing 2017 Armadas with low mileage (Manager demo maybe) for 20%+ off MRSP. My bad at all. Awfully tempting. The Sequoia is due for a new Gen. I’d wait another year or 2 when they launch it.... or if they do it at the Chicago auto show next weekend. That’d be great.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe just maybe they realized there's no need to panic and lower prices when the 18 Expy/Navi still isn't any real competition....

I have yet to see any 2018 Expy/Navi anywhere in Monroe,Miami-Dade,Broward or Palm Beach County.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a Navi yet but I’ve seen a few expeditions on the road and there’s several at my little local
Ford dealer.

Lmaooo at anyone who would still consider the sequoia. Reliability alone is no reason to dump $50k+ into one of those nasty things.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...Though they are super safe too. It and the MB GL are only full sized SUV's with no fatalities. https://www.cnbc.com/2015/01/29/record-9-models-have-zero-highway-deaths-iihs-says.html
Is it because nobody buys them? Jk jk. Nobody should buy them. I don’t understand why they let it go so disgustingly long in the tooth.

You know what I think is funny, I haven’t seen a single mention of the “refreshed” QX80 on here. I use to love that thing, super subjective style but in 2011-14 they were so much nicer than GM suvs. But now they’re in need of some real interior love. All of this talk and worry about FoMoCo, but nothing on the QX lol I know so many people that have them and they all love them. What’s funnier is they all came from GM suvs or trade them in for GM suvs.

UncleRico

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a Navi yet but I’ve seen a few expeditions on the road and there’s several at my little local
Ford dealer.

Lmaooo at anyone who would still consider the sequoia. Reliability alone is no reason to dump $50k+ into one of those nasty things.

Meh...to each his own. It is in desperate need of a major update, but it makes more sense to dump 50k into a reliable vehicle then to dump 50k (or more if you dump your money into a Denali or Cadillac) into one that sits in a GM service bay more than it does your garage.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh...to each his own. It is in desperate need of a major update, but it makes more sense to dump 50k into a reliable vehicle then to dump 50k (or more if you dump your money into a Denali or Cadillac) into one that sits in a GM service bay more than it does your garage.
I mean if that’s how you want to play then the sequoia is more expensive too, Platinum starting at $64k. Yeah meh. But hey while it’s dated as hell, at least it’s relible. My burb has been completely trouble free for 39k miles now. Back to my point, $64k for something so terribly dated and ugly doesn’t outweigh being reliable. If it did, they’d be flying off the lot. Which they are not. Lol

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean if that’s how you want to play then the sequoia is more expensive too, Platinum starting at $64k. Yeah meh. But hey while it’s dated as hell, at least it’s relible. My burb has been completely trouble free for 39k miles now. Back to my point, $64k for something so terribly dated and ugly doesn’t outweigh being reliable. If it did, they’d be flying off the lot. Which they are not. Lol

In my neck of the woods I barely see a Sequoia,Armada or QX80..if anything I see slightly more QX80 then the other two.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my neck of the woods I barely see a Sequoia,Armada or QX80..if anything I see slightly more QX80 then the other two.
QX80 and GM suvs rule the land here in truck town. If I ever do see a Sequioa, it’s like 07-10 because the headlights are faded to heck and they usually are scratched up. When the 2011 QX56 came out, a lot of people here got them and still do even though our nearest dealer is 3 hours away.

At Law

Reaction score
The '17's have just increased $500 for this month.

I am in the wrong business. I should be buying brand new cars and selling them for a profit as they get older.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401