Wheels/Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArleyC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted this on the General Discussion board but this is probably a better place. With some help from you guys, I've decided the best route to go for now is to put a 1.5" block in the rear and crank the torsion bars up front. Hopefully this will give the Tahoe a little more aggressive look until we can afford a lift. Will I be able to go ahead and buy 33" tires and still use the stock wheels until we can get some nicer wheels? I have a stock 97 2dr 4x4 tahoe.

AllanR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
285/75/16's will fit on there with out problems on the stock wheels.. the extra 1.5"Block and tt will help with clearance tho its not 100% needed.

OP
OP
A

ArleyC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank You! It feels good to finally come to a decision. I think the wheels will probably make the most difference. Right now he is looking at some 16x8's with an old style look (makes me proud). Kind of look like yours bowtie except in a chrome type finish. The guy at the wheel place told me the 16x8's would bring the tire out a couple inches to give it a "meatier" look. This weekend we took the wheels off and painted the fender wells and frame. Made a difference and cost zero dollars as I already had all the paint from working on my jeep.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
painting is a huge help, I do it every spring. whats the back spacing on the wheels?

jason_smith2985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds good what you did with your jeep right there. Got pictures? I'd gladly like to have a look at it because I was kind of thinking I would do the same with mine. I was already able to buy new set of jeep wheels which I patterned with yours because we kind of have the same vehicle. What's left now is how to do the replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn