Wheels and suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcinF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm new to the site but looking for some ideas and input. Judging by the threads and posts, it seems everyone is very knowledgable and helpful. I recently picked up a 96 Tahoe with super low miles. The problem is that someone just left it sitting for a while so I'm trying to breathe life back into it and make it a nice daily that might get some heads to turn. I need to replace the rear leaf springs and then I'd be interested in either a leveling kit or a small lift. Is there a spring that will do that for me without adding blocks? I'm not looking to go much higher than a couple inches if not just leveling it. Also without raising the suspension much, what do you all suggest for wheel tire combos. Trying to keep cost down too so maybe some black steelies and what size tires can I do? Just want to make it sit higher and have meatier tires than the stock set up but not make it a monster truck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alcan and Deaver are both custom leaf spring shops that can dial up anything you like. Alternatively some 285's and slight crank of the torsion bars will likely net you the look your going for.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do not plan to add a true differential drop type lift I would say get some stock springs and then add a small block later. Wheels: sooooo many options, tire: same deal depending where the suspension goes first

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 285 tire would be my vote for something slightly more beefier than stock anything bigger than that definetly requires more lift which means more cash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n