Wheel offset question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read ^ again in one part you said his will tuck more and the next you said they will stick out farther.

BUT you are right a positive offset will tuck more than a negative. SO if he gets the one with +14 his will be about an inch more in than mine are.

The wheels you have on there now look like they might be 10 wide maybe. So you should be fine with whatever you choose from the ones you have posted

The Blitz wheels I have, I wanted them to stick out a bit. When I ordered them, the tech asked me if I wanted the -06mm or the +25mm - I said I wanted whichever would stick out more, I thought he said the +25mm ones were what I wanted. I could be wrong, however.... it WAS 3 years ago, maybe senility is creeping into my mind just like the arthritis is into my body..

tbonk99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question about my truck...

I have been looking to do some work to my truck (which is completely stock at this point) and wheels+tires are first. I have stock rims on it now with 265/75/16, very standard....im looking to go to some 17" rims wrapped in 285s or 295s. These are the rims im looking at....

ultra_truck_wheels_rims_234_235_maverick_black_6_lug_std_1000.jpg

So the question i have is about backspacing/offset....stock rims are like a 30mm offset correct? so if i get these wheels with a 12mm offset, 4.5 backspacing, how far out of the wheel well will they be with 285/75/17s? i have fender flares and want them to be even with those. also i plan on getting a 3" lift (2-3" suspension lift,) so that should take care of rubbing from bigger tires.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Tyler and welcome.

How wide are the wheels you are looking at?

In regards to your future lift, please don't buy that it is junk. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27612
Look at the 4-6" kit instead and set it to 4", it is a tried and true product versus the 2-3" kit that many people on many forums very much dislike. A body lift is a better option than that kit.

tbonk99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. Wheels are 17x8.

Is that lift kit really junk? i thought rough country was a good brand, i know a full differential drop 4-6" would be best but im on a budget.... is it the fact that it requires torsion bar cranking?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regards to the wheels sticking out, close to two inches more i think. Stock wheel is 16x7 with about 5.5" back spacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz