Wheel Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkostop

Reaction score
Hey bros i need some help trying to figure out a problem im having with my 01 Z71 Tahoe. So basically when i make a left turn or even turn to the left at all, there is a sort of high pitch, grinding like noise. Although when i turn to the right, the noise completely goes away. I just replaced my passenger side hub thinking that was the problem, and of course it wasn't. Also front brakes were done not to long ago as well. If anyone could shed some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dhulsey779

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, wheel bearing hub needs to be replaced. Had the same issue.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same noise on left turns. Wheel bearing, as ali said, change both.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bros i need some help trying to figure out a problem im having with my 01 Z71 Tahoe. So basically when i make a left turn or even turn to the left at all, there is a sort of high pitch, grinding like noise. Although when i turn to the right, the noise completely goes away. I just replaced my passenger side hub thinking that was the problem, and of course it wasn't. Also front brakes were done not to long ago as well. If anyone could shed some light on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Since you already replaced pass side hub ( really should replace in pairs), jack it up & use a stethoscope on the passenger side spindle & turn wheel see if the new hub is actually quiet. If you got some Chinese crap off eBay, it could be bad out of the box. Also, check front diff area, CV joints. Check brakes. May also want to check rear differential unless someone standing outside can confirm its coming from front end. Good luck

OP
OP
nkostop

nkostop

Reaction score
I changed out the driver side hub about a year ago so I wouldn't think it would be either hub, both have zero play. I was also thinking it could be a warped rotor because when I turn the hub with the tire off there is a hard spot. I'll probably try the rotor first.

OP
OP
nkostop

nkostop

Reaction score
That's actually a good idea I didn't think of that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts