Clunking noise after some gravel roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money! Kudos to you for busting through the rust. Ride or sound any better?
To be honest, I didn’t notice a difference in the ride with her without it. But the noise has seem to gone away. I’m guessing that clunk noise was it finally giving out?

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to use the jack that came with the truck to lift it up, and then I had to use the jack to push the bottom of the bushing a little bit so I could get that nut on the top to start on the thread.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which makes sense because I was hearing the noise on the left side and the one on the right side looks good so I didn’t change it. I believe it’s actually newer than the one on the left so maybe the last owner only changed one. I will keep an eye on it, however

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which makes sense because I was hearing the noise on the left side and the one on the right side looks good so I didn’t change it. I believe it’s actually newer than the one on the left so maybe the last owner only changed one. I will keep an eye on it, however
You can change it now or when it breaks, your choice. It’s likely just as old as it looks to be OEM.

Last edited: