What Year Esky Roof Rack do I Need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did NNBS denalis have the esky style racks? two of them ive saw yesterday did....and looking at the clueness nerd drivnig one of them im sure it was stock. that might open up more of them out there to chose from....

on the escalade rack deal...anyone seen a Z71 with one? I saw a black Z71 the other day and the long bars were chrome like an esky rack but they were mounted in the stock raised end caps. i couldnt get my phone out of my pocket fast enough...looked different....

i guess its not too uncommon...i just googled to see if i could find something similar to post here...
IMG_1500copy.jpg

the one i saw was a sburban tho...but still u get the idea...raised and chrome....weird. not sure i like it.

yes NNBS Denali's and NNBS esky's have the same roof rack.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

did NNBS denalis have the esky style racks? two of them ive saw yesterday did....and looking at the clueness nerd drivnig one of them im sure it was stock. that might open up more of them out there to chose from....

on the escalade rack deal...anyone seen a Z71 with one? I saw a black Z71 the other day and the long bars were chrome like an esky rack but they were mounted in the stock raised end caps. i couldnt get my phone out of my pocket fast enough...looked different....

i guess its not too uncommon...i just googled to see if i could find something similar to post here...
IMG_1500copy.jpg

the one i saw was a sburban tho...but still u get the idea...raised and chrome....weird. not sure i like it.

That roof rack came on the 06+ Z71 nbs before the nnbs came out. It is also the version with the z71 all black valance versus the gray one.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Good Call, I never really thought about that, all of the ones I googled show them on there, I may just get those haha..I saw some that are black with chrome end caps, looks sexy.

On eBay they always have Escalade ESV (01-06 and 07+) and Yukon XL Denali (07+) roof rack's for sale. All of those will fit your vehicle. I've seen others on this forum with nbs Yukon XL's like you get the esky roof rack and it looks SICK. You should def to this :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the consensus is do it!! :D

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Esky/Denali rack! I'll be doing it eventually.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know off the top of their head what Year Esky roof rack I'd need that will go on an NBS?

2001 and up will fit your truck.

The esky roof rack will fit directly bolt on to the tahoe/yukon from 01-06 and 07+

+1

THe esky rack and the denali racks are the on the NNBS body styles. You can put the NNBS racks on the NBS trucks too the only difference is the bottom piece of rubber they sit on. All the caps are interchangeable. I have a post on here with all the part numbers or can email you if you want.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 and up will fit your truck.

+1

THe esky rack and the denali racks are the on the NNBS body styles. You can put the NNBS racks on the NBS trucks too the only difference is the bottom piece of rubber they sit on. All the caps are interchangeable. I have a post on here with all the part numbers or can email you if you want.

So I can put anything from '01 to a '10 on my '03? Can you give me that PN info? Thanks!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I can put anything from '01 to a '10 on my '03? Can you give me that PN info? Thanks!

Yes the esky 01-11 roof rack will work along with the Denali 07+. As said by riso, the rubber piece that you snap the four end caps onto is different on the NBS and NNBS. On the NBS roof racks the rubber piece is three separate pieces that interlock to each other. The NNBS one is one whole rubber piece.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the esky 01-11 roof rack will work along with the Denali 07+. As said by riso, the rubber piece that you snap the four end caps onto is different on the NBS and NNBS. On the NBS roof racks the rubber piece is three separate pieces that interlock to each other. The NNBS one is one whole rubber piece.

:popcorn: since joining this board I think I've learned more about roof racks then I ever thought I would in my entire lifetime......

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
:popcorn: since joining this board I think I've learned more about roof racks then I ever thought I would in my entire lifetime......

+1...I really want eskys on mine!...are they functional,at all?
Next fall I'm getting a snowboard rack.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should be functional. Don't know why they wouldn't be :D

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1...I really want eskys on mine!...are they functional,at all?
Next fall I'm getting a snowboard rack.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

They are functional IF you get the cross bars. The stock one's are expensive and the 'all chrome' aftermarket ones on eBay are too and they aren't even OEM... basically I have mine for looks and they look WAY better without the crossbars. But to answer your question, yes, they are functional... if you have the cross bars.. which in turn you can put your snowboard rack on. I go snowboarding twice a year and have a Burton Board Bag that I just put in my Cargo in the car... I highly doubt i'll ever use the roof rack for it's true purpose.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

I had to dig for all the info from all of the interwebz to get it :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts