What u guys think is wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
First off I had to jump my truck off today totally dead but it runs after started but on the other hand the battery meter is not moving past 12v I'm thinking it's the battery but I have a orileys brand deep cycle battery only a year and a half old
guzy7yte.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop at any auto parts store, they can test the battery and alternator within 2 minutes and tell you if either are bad.

OP
OP
blue99tahoe24

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
Can't be because after I jumped it and let it run for 20min turned it off and it act like it didn't wanna start

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
regardless when diagnosis this kind of issue get a separate meter or test tool to use. you can likely tell right away what is wrong without having to drive it somewhere.

laredo1307

Reaction score
It doesn't take more than a loose / dirty connection to keep your battery from charging while the truck was running. I would check that first and track it all the way back to the alternator.

Sometimes you get corrosion on the battery cables themselves underneath the plastic coating and that can cause issues charging.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
does the battery warning light come on before starting and go out afterward. if so the like laredo said it might be in the wiring if the battery does not accept incoming current. a charge. a clamp on ammeter would help see where the voltage is going.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
then your bulb is burned out or the regulator is defective. disconnect the one wire in multi holed connector and ground the wire by pulling the connector off the alt and usingg some test clips or something. turn key on. if it lights alternator is defective. if it does not, the bulb is likely out.