What type of tint did you get and how much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carl Blaser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 5% on all the rear windows and I think the front's are 35%, l leave windshield stock, it was about $350 or close to it

Rock Surf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
5% all around back, 20% on front doors and 40% on the entire windshield. Local Colorado shop did it for $300 OTD.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15% rear roll downs and back window, 25% front roll downs...need to replace windshield before I get my windshield tinted, but probably doing 50% on that.

Tint was included with my Yukon...but usually go to my old shop tech that does it for $60-100

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
100 for two front side and windshield ‘strip’ when i pulled it off for ******* NY state inspection i left winshield and bought a $15 roll of tint and did the two fronts myself.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 percent on all windows except front 2 and windshield. those have 15. will have to pull off the front two for ****** inspection this year. in nyc anything less than 70% on front 2 is illegal on SUV. now they got state inspections including this smh. honestly i keep tools and expensive equipment in my truck and i rather them not be able to see in than leave it clear for junkies to walk by and catch a glimpse. i got my window busted when it had no tints for ********. so far so good. long as you dont drive like a ******** or the car packed with goons you wont get pulled over.

3m brand

350 total

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory tint on the rear doors, rear side windows, and the hatch. I believe it's 20% or close to it. I had my two front doors and a 10% windshield strip done back in 2006 for $100 for everything. Still looks good all these years later except for all the tiny chips in the tint on the Driver's door from my seatbelt buckle hitting it when I take off my seat belt. And I no longer have the windshield strip because I had to get a new windshield and I never had the strip redone.
I believe it was 20% Johnson window film with a lifetime warranty that I had them put on the front doors. I left everything else factory and it's dark enough for me "most" of the time. Sometimes I think I should tint my windshield with 50% or maybe even 35%

1021726935_photobucket_36689_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84